My education experiences have been invaluable to me as a marketing, communications and writing specialist. From my roots in English Education to my most recent marketing graduate degree, I’ve applied my education on a daily basis to the work I do with precision, strategy and some puns (like any good English major).
Master of Science, Marketing, University of Cincinnati
January 2016 – December 2016
Re-positioning The Christ Hospital Health Network
Led team of student consultants to create a comprehensive marketing plan to re-position The Christ Hospital Health Network (“TCHHN”) as “THE Breast Cancer Hospital”
- Managed team to create comprehensive marketing plan for TCHHN, ensuring all deliverables were met according to TCHHN Project Charter with effective time management and collaborative efforts
- Designed innovative advertisements with targeted copy for concepts based off persuasive techniques of Dr. Robert Cialdini and creative patterns of Jacob Goldenberg et al, keeping brand consistency in all messaging
- Conducted interviews, examined competitive and quantitative data and applied insights to 12 innovative concepts to increase mammogram volume and EBIDA by 5% (Concepts available upon request)
Market Research for Clifton Market
Collaboratively conducted qualitative and quantitative market research as student consultants on the University of Cincinnati demographic, providing insights based off qualitative and quantitative research to be used upon startup
CCIC Volunteer Retention Marketing Strategies
Developed 3 marketing strategies with team of student consultants for Children’s Hospital Comprehensive Injury Center (“CCIC”) to help retain volunteers installing safety mechanisms in homes and educating families of home safety precautions
BOSE Product Extension
Our team developed a Bose brand project extension of a smart TV, conducted a survey and develop a brand strategy. I created the advertising campaign.
Using Nordheim and Dapena-Baron’s Big Picture concept, our team examined the current Macy’s Big Picture and re-positioned it accordingly to focus on an magical and momentous experience, not an image of bargain bin. Storyboards and strategy map are available upon request.
e-Marketing Strategy for Imagined New Business
Our team developed a comprehensive e-marketing campaign for a proposed new business Queen City Brew Tours. I designed the logo and banner for the website, wrote content and copy and developed social media strategies. Organic SEO strategy includes keywords, meta descriptions, precise URLs, R-Refs and page titles. Other strategies include branding, targeting, and blogging to establish elements of Chris Brogan and Julian Smith’s Trust Agents.
Tervis Tumbler Co. Product Innovation
Facilitated team innovation of Tervis sport and travel bottles using Jacob Goldenberg and Drew Boyd’s methods of innovation called Inside the Box
- Designed 10 new products manually and digitally, using Adobe and colored pencils
- Created “Dream Catalog” Powerpoint with illustrations and copy (available upon request)
Bachelor of Science, Secondary English/Language Arts Education, Ball State University
August 2004 – May 2008
English Theory Club, Writers in the Community, Classical Music Club, History Club, English Education Club and tutoring Muncie’s middle school children